The North Shore Community Development Coalition is seeking a Real Estate Project Manager or Associate Project Manager to join our team and become a part of a dynamic, multicultural, mission-driven organization. We are looking to hire an energetic professional, eager to learn about real estate development with a passion for affordable housing and building equitable, thriving communities.
The Organization and Its Accomplishments
North Shore Community Development Coalition’s mission is to invest in neighborhoods to create thriving communities. Founded in 1978, North Shore CDC is based in the Point neighborhood of Salem. The Point is our incubator for new projects and programs. It is the place where we have the deepest relationships and the longest history. It is also our testing ground for initiatives that we then implement in other communities. Many of the programs we offer in Salem serve people from other towns in the Greater North Shore area. North Shore CDC seeks to align its real estate investments, programmatic offerings and advocacy efforts for maximum impact. Our work includes real estate development, community engagement, youth development, and Arts and Placemaking. North Shore CDC is home to the award winning Punto Urban Art Museum as well as the Point’s community center, Espacio. North Shore CDC created Espacio to assist residents meet their basic needs and to enhance and enrich their lives.
Real Estate Development at North Shore CDC
NSCDC’s current real-estate portfolio contains 400 affordable rental units and over 7,800 square feet of commercial space in Salem and Beverly. We have an active and diverse pipeline of over 150 units in various stages of development across the North Shore of Massachusetts. Current projects include the new construction of 46 affordable rental units; the conversion of two former catholic schools to historic residential; and the acquisition of four parcels of land to build a Non-Profit Center that will house a new community health care center close to the Point and downtown Salem.
The Project Manager or Associate
The Project Manager or Associate Project Manager will be a valued member of the Real Estate Development Team. They will work closely with and report to the Senior Real Estate Team. They will assist with real estate projects and manage specific tasks as requested by the Senior Project Managers depending on their experience and ability.
The selected person will embrace the opportunity to learn about real estate development in a culturally diverse community. They will bring a commitment to working collaboratively, the ability to communicate effectively, and a willingness to take on tasks as requested. They will be inquisitive and able to ask for direction and assistance as needed.
The Project Manager or Associate will support the Real Estate Team on specific development projects and build support for NSCDC’s development initiatives. They will have primary responsibility for or assist with the following tasks depending on their ability and workload:
- Coordinate project management activities for one or more development projects.
- Help with the identification and evaluation of new community development initiatives that respond to community needs.
- Assist with the feasibility analysis of potential projects from the perspectives of mission-fit, financial feasibility and risk.
- Support the preparation of predevelopment and financing applications from a variety of sources including city, state, and federal entities as well as banks and other financial institutions.
- Facilitate application submissions for regulatory approvals from federal, state and city agencies including participation in the local permitting process.
- Collaborate with North Shore CDC staff and third party project teams to maintain cordial, professional relationships, a clear understanding of the project work required, changes of work scope and timely payment of invoices consistent with agreements.
- Help with project management services during the construction phase, including the preparation of requisitions and reports to the Board of Directors, lenders and other funders.
- Work with the NSCDC Property Management staff and other designated management companies to oversee the planning and implementation of affirmative fair housing marketing activities for new housing projects.
- Attend community meetings and other outreach activities to share information about the North Shore CDC’s programs and initiatives, and
- Complete other duties as requested and assigned.
Our Ideal Candidate
Our ideal candidate will be a highly motivated individual with the ability to solve problems. They will be excited about the opportunity to learn about and/or grown in community development in this creative, mission-driven organization. They will have many of the following skills and experiences:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field or the equivalent in training and experience.
- At least one year of professional work experience, knowledge of real estate project management or a related field preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines, attention to detail and the ability to work independently.
- Excellent interpersonal, writing and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to adapt to a changing environment and work effectively under pressure.
- Experience working well on a culturally diverse team with a variety of personalities.
- Some familiarity with affordable housing funding programs, such as the Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC), HOME, CPA, CDBG, Section 8 and Section 202 helpful.
- Commitment to North Shore CDC’s mission and community empowerment philosophy.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Bilingual in Spanish/English a plus.
The Selection Process
Please submit a cover letter detailing your interest and your qualifications for this position, to http://annlsilverman.com/north-shore-associate-pm/. No phone calls or letters please. Questions may be sent to email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed and acknowledged as they are received. North Shore CDC seeks to fill this position as soon as possible.
North Shore CDC is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We encourage applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds and cultures. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, commensurate with experience.