Codman Square Neighborhood Development Corporation (CSNDC) seeks a Real Estate Development Project Manager / Senior Real Estate Development Project Manager, to join our talented real estate team. CSNDC is an ambitious NeighborWorks organization. We have been working in the Codman Square and South Dorchester neighborhood of Boston for more than 35 years, with a focus on issues of anti-displacement, equitable economics and sustainable real estate development.
The Organization and Its Programs
CSNDC is building a cohesive and resilient community in Codman Square and South Dorchester. We develop affordable housing and commercial spaces that are safe and sustainable, and promote economic stability for low and moderate income residents of all ages. We provide employment and business development programs and embrace and value diversity. CSNDC partners with residents, non-profits, and local businesses to encourage civic participation and increase community influence in decision-making, resource allocation and comprehensive plans for our neighborhood.
Real Estate Development
CSNDC’s real estate team is led by an experienced director joined Real Estate Development Project Managers and an Asset Manager who oversees the organization’s 950+-unit portfolio. CSNDC’s real estate team is supplemented by experienced development consultants as needed.
CSNDC has a robust pipeline with transformative projects at various phases of development, including a mixed-income homeownership project and a scatter site mixed-rental project that both projects are currently in construction and several additional mixed-use developments projects that together will create and preserve 135 units of affordable rental housing and commercial space as well as potential restructuring and renovation opportunities within our existing portfolio. CSNDC is part of the Fairmount Collaborative, which includes Dorchester Bay EDC and Southwest Boston CDC. The Collaborative targets development opportunities near Fairmount commuter rail line stations.
The Real Estate Development Project Manager / Senior Real Estate Development Project Manager will oversee a number of housing and/or mixed-use development projects in various stages of planning and development. They can expect increased levels of responsibility over time including supervision opportunities. Responsibilities may include:
- Seeking new real estate opportunities and conducting early stage feasibility analysis
- Assembling financing and submitting applications for grants, equity and loan programs
- Managing permitting, planning and the community process with community partners and organizing staff
- Soliciting, negotiating and overseeing third party consultant services and project teams
- Managing the closings for purchase, loan and equity investments
- Overseeing project budgets, the construction process and schedules
- Ensuring compliance with funding requirements and city, state and federal regulations
- Overseeing project marketing and lease up
- Maintaining investor and lender relationships
- Assisting with understanding residential market trends in the neighborhood
- Representing CSNDC before relevant boards, committees and neighborhood groups, and
- Assuming other related duties as assigned.
Our Ideal Candidate
The Real Estate Development Project Manager / Senior Real Estate Development Project Manager will be a team player with demonstrated ability to deliver high quality, affordable housing projects on time, within budget and with positive community impact. They will possess many of the following skills and qualifications:
- A minimum of 3 years of experience (Real Estate Development Project Manager) and minimum of 5 years of experience (Sr. Real Estate Development Project Manager) in real estate development or finance, community-based development, urban planning or related work
- Bachelor’s degree in real estate, urban planning, community development or a related field, Master’s degree preferred
- Thorough understanding of real estate development, including overall deal structuring, finance, design and construction management
- Familiarity with public, private and quasi-public financing programs for affordable housing and commercial real estate, preferably in Massachusetts
- Demonstrated ability to lead a complex partnership of public, non-profit and private stakeholders
- Experience with larger scale mixed-use, mixed-income development projects and public land disposition preferred
- Strong critical thinking and negotiating skills
- Excellent verbal, written and organizational skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with a wide range of people in a variety of settings
- Commitment to the organization’s mission and philosophy of community empowerment
The Selection Process
Please send cover letter and resume to the link below, by mail: Dominica Man, Director of Real Estate Development & Asset Management at CSNDC, 587 Washington St., Dorchester MA 02124, or by email: email@example.com . Please acknowledge if you have received this through Ann L Silverman Consulting.
Applications will be reviewed and acknowledged as they are received.
Codman Square Neighborhood Development Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Local residents, people of color and women are encouraged to apply.