Dakota Partners is a real estate development and construction company working in the multi-family housing space. We primarily focus on workforce and affordable housing projects and frequently use Low Income Housing Tax Credits (“LIHTC”), Historic Tax Credits (“HTC”) and local public programs as funding sources on our projects. Dakota is active throughout New England, New York and mid-Atlantic states.
We are seeking an experienced, mission-driven Project Manager or Senior Project Manager to join our Development Team and help grow our portfolio throughout the Northeast. The ideal candidate will have experience with the multifamily development process and mixed-finance projects, and can successfully manage these complicated financial transactions with assistance from others in the company. You must be able to independently manage many elements of a project, from financing applications and team management, advancing the project through construction closing, the construction process and lease- up.
The position will report to the E.V.P. of Development and work closely with one or more Development Directors in performing the duties and responsibilities described below.
Duties and responsibilities may include some or all of the following:
- Pre-development: Assist the Acquisitions Team in preparing tax credit funding applications and coordinate the work of others to ensure the timeliness, quality, and cost effectiveness of each project;
- Due diligence: research, gather and distribute project information to our lenders and investors as part of feasibility underwriting and closings.
- Vendor procurement and management: Procure professional services, (architect, civil engineer, historic consultants, market analyst, etc.) working with Development Director and process and track development expenses with Project Accountant,
- Coordinate or lead various parties involved in planning and completing successful funding applications;
- Communicate and work closely with our financial partners, including private lenders and investors, public agencies and authorities.
- Manage specific projects to construction closing on debt and equity investments on a timely basis. Work closely with the Development Directors to meet the established budget and schedule and address problems as appropriate.
- Construction: Preparing funding requisitions coordinating with project funders and the construction team. Work closely with the Development Director and Dakota Partners’ in-house construction team to perform Owner’s responsibilities and address problems.
- Lease up/Closeout: Plan for completion and lease-up, coordinate specific tasks with our Asset Management Team and 3rd party property management company throughout the development process and successfully hand off the project once complete;
- Communicate regularly with Development Directors and E.V.P. of Development at Dakota Partners concerning project schedule, budget and specific deliverables using Dakota Partners’ systems for communication and project management.
- Bachelor’s degree required in business, finance, planning or other relevant field, relevant Masters degree a plus;
- 3-6 years of affordable housing experience, transaction structuring, public agency work and other relevant real estate work;
- Must be organized and have excellent follow through;
- Highly effective communication abilities are essential (both oral and written);
- Strong interpersonal skills and social intelligence, experience working cooperatively in a diverse work environment;
- The position has modest travel requirements typically within New England and occasionally more distant.
Dakota Partners Inc., is committed to ensuring diversity in its workplace, and candidates from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider qualified applicants for employment regardless of expression, age, color, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other protected class.
Dakota Partners offers generous benefits and a competitive salary commensurate with experience and qualifications. Please submit a cover letter detailing your interest and your qualifications for this position, along with a resume to: http://annlsilverman.com/dakotapm/. Please note that you have received this information from Ann L Silverman Consulting. Applications will be reviewed and acknowledged as they are received.