Dakota Partners is a real estate development and construction company working in the multi- family housing space. We primarily focus on workforce and affordable housing projects and frequently use Low Income Housing Tax Credits (“LIHTC”) and Historic Tax Credits (“HTC”) as funding sources on our projects. Dakota is active throughout New England, New York and mid- Atlantic states.
Development Project Manager We are seeking a dedicated and mission-driven Project Manager to join our Development Team to support efforts of Development Directors. The PM will work closely with the team from project conception through closing, construction, lease-up and stabilization. The PM will report to a Development Director on a daily basis and the EVP of Development.
Duties and responsibilities to include:
- Due diligence: research, gather and distribute project information to our lenders and investors as part of feasibility underwriting and closings.
- Pre-development: assist Acquisitions Team in preparing tax credit funding applications; specific tasks for the design and construction teams to ensure the timeliness, quality, and cost effectiveness of each project; assistance and coordination for our in-house design and permitting professionals;
- Vendor management: procure professional services, process and track development expenses with Project Accountant.
- Closing: assist Development Team in specific tasks and problem solving necessary to close on project funding.
- Construction: coordinate the preparation of funding requisitions through the life of the project.
- Lease up/Closeout: coordinate specific tasks with our Asset Management Team and 3rd party property management company throughout development process and successfully hand off project once complete.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Engineering or Construction Management, Planning or other relevant field. Graduate degree a plus.
- 2 – 5 years of experience with real estate or finance, particularly the LIHTC 9% and 4% programs.
- Must be organized and have excellent follow through.
- Highly effective communication (both oral and written) abilities are essential.
- Must have robust interpersonal skills and social intelligence.
- The position has modest travel requirements typically within New England.
We offer generous benefits including fully paid (individual) health care, 401k plan with up to 4.5% matching, paid time off, and a competitive salary commensurate with experience and qualifications. Qualified candidates should submit a resume and a cover letter documenting their experience and interest to: Dakota Partners Project Manager Search, Ann L Silverman Consulting, http://annlsilverman.com/dakota-pm/